The religious right's attack on GLSEN's Day of Silence will fail as it always does.And the following is the reason why:Yesterday, I posted a clip from the right-wing Alliance Defense Fund advertising the anti-gay Day of Silence event, Day of Dialogue. Supposedly this Day of Dialogue encourages . . . . . . Read More
Harry JacksonYesterday, Minister Harry Jackson attempted to defend the National Organization for Marriage from the outcry that the organization planned to manipulate the gay and black communities against each other on the subject of marriage equality.He sidestepped actually talking about the . . . . . . Read More
I must admit that my frustration at what I see as the pointless posturing of all these forums you hear about that happen in all sorts of fancy places leaves me … well, very frustrated. Take this one that has just happened in the Gambia with a lot of gay groups in attendance. I usually [...]. . . Read More
One of the things I will give the Sunday Melissa Harris-Perry show credit for is it did briefly touch on the CeCe McDonald case. The momentum continues to get the Hennepin County defense attorneys Freeman and Senechal involved in the case to drop the charges since CeCe was . . . Read More
Today Is Equal Pay Day, and the statistic is getting trotted out today ad nauseum that women make 77 cents for every dollar a man earns. However, that statistic as you probably guessed is WHITE women's wages compared to WHITE men's wages. For BLACK women it is worse at 68 cents . . . Read More
The positive momentum for trans rights issues continues in CanadaIn what is seen as a game changing decision, on April 11 the Ontario Human Right Tribunal struck down a rule that required gender reassignment surgery in order to change the gender code on birth certificates.The 95 page decision was . . . Read More
Tony Perkins blames Secret Service Prostitution Scandal on the Repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell - A case in which heterosexual men are discovered cheating on their wives with prostitutes (female prostitutes), but apparently gays are to blame for this?Referendum fails for Baltimore Co. trans law - . . . . . . Read More
This year, GLSEN's Day of Silence will be held this Friday. And to combat it, the religious right are attempting to do something different. Rather than have the event opposing Day of Silence (it used to be called Day of Truth but they have renamed it as Day of Dialogue) after Day of Silence, the . . . . . . Read More
WLW Blog Directory
Romney, Obama, and the Darwinism That Substitutes Culture for Genes
- Did IRS Official Lois Lerner Waive Her Right to Plead the 5th Amendment?
- Prom dates, past missteps and present witch hunters
- Initiative for #QualityACCESS launched to address food deserts in underserved ar...
- The Jihad Next Door
- There's No Place Like...The Lou!
- And Then I Realized, "I'm Not Crazy, I'm An Introvert."
- "Nuns On The Bus" Immigration Tour To Visit Birmingham June 4 & 5
- CBS Sharyl Attkisson says her computers were compromised, and it “could be some ...
- TransGriot Nuke A Troll 32-Defending Damian
- Introducing E.W. Jackson, The Republican Party's Newest "Black Folks Are on Plan...
- The Climate Crisis is Here: Now What?
- Nina Simone & Zoe Saldana - The Politics of COLOR