“What will going home be like this Christmas will everything going on?” my therapist asked. It was two days before my trip back to Nashville for the holidays. I hadn’t been home in a year. And, in that time, much has changed. My parents split up. Which, has caused a great deal of tension among my siblings. . . Read More
So, I wrote novel last year, called Substitute Me. The story is about a young woman, Kate, who places an advertisement in the paper for a nanny for her young son so she can return to work after her maternity leave. The ad she places begins : "Substitute Me: Looking for a nanny who will take care of my six-month-old baby . . . Read More
Nicki Minaj showed Jesus some “tweet” love on Christmas day by tweeting:“For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten son; that whosoever believeth in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life,” Minaj tweeted. “Merry Christmas & God bless . . . . . . Read More
So, I weighed in last week Thursday , the 22nd and I had lost another 2.6 pounds in two weeks. Let me begin by saying that I am very happy that I lost the weight but at the same time, I know it could be more if only I did everything I was supposed to. If I worked out more often or ate less . . . . . . Read More
Right now many people are evaluating their lives and looking for ways to improve on themselves in the coming new year. Resolutions are being prepared, new classes are being enrolled in, and self-help books are being bought. All because the calendar is telling us that a fresh, new year is upon . . . . . . Read More
Haven't felt much like blogging lately. I've been too busy enjoying the holiday season with my family. If you haven't learned by now, I come from a big family that does tons of events together. Our Christmas celebration is usually a week and half long and the party goes on until the wee hours. . . . . . . Read More
My original plan was to meet he at Red’s Donut Shop. When I was a kid, we went there all the time. Sometimes we picked up donuts to take back home and enjoy as a family, other times, he and I stayed. Two guys with two glasses of milk, and one warm cinnamon roll with [...]. . . Read More
Channel 2 Action News reported on Tuesday night that New Birth Christian Academy is shutting its doors due to a decline in tuitions.The school, which enrolls students in kindergarten through the 12th grade, has been struggling financially for years, officials said.The academy is . . . . . . Read More
WLW Blog Directory
True Life: I Have Window Shopper Guilt
- The Market for Used Bentleys
- Suicide at 17 leaves the rest of us wondering how could we have helped?
- Telling "black folks business."
- Obama, Morehouse College, & His Deadbeat Mom?
- The Right-Wing Media Salivates: Speaking at Morehouse College, President Obama D...
- Let My People Pee In Scotland
- Rev Sally McClain Retires
- Genarlow Wilson: The Most Ungrateful and Entitled Child Rapist to Ever Graduate ...
- HBO Game of Thrones Recap: Second Sons
- The Black Feminist Political Progressive - The Key Purveyors Of "Popularism" As ...
- Human History: Drones, "The Least Of These" And The Droids
- SBPDL Watch: SBPDL Issues Statement About European NBA Player Stabbed Back At H...